Veg samosa

Have you ever eaten a samosa that is healthy (meaning not deep-fried)? This is one such. I just brushed a bit of olive oil on their surfaces before baking.


The inner stuffing is a mix of potato, corn, peas, onion, garlic and spices.


While waiting for the samosas to bake, I started decluttering one of my cupboards and unearthed this Aranmula kannady. It is a metal mirror that I got as a wedding gift from my father's friend. The unique mirror was made in Aranmula (as the name suggests), a little village in inner Kerala, by just one family, with the secret of making it being passed on only within that family. This mirror resembles the glass mirror in every way, except that my hubby's kurta (the blue and white stripes) is reflected with complete clarity from its metal surface without any refraction. But in a glass mirror, his kurta's image would have fallen on the mercury coated surface inside the glass.

Now let's devour the hot and crisp samosas.

Comments