Cadbury layered oatmeal cake

It's my birthday today. My daughter threw a surprise party with my family. There were different colored balloons. And for the birthday cake-she insisted on a three layered cake, with a layer of her Cadbury dairy milk chocolate. She also wrote down the recipe in a piece of paper too, to be followed by the letter. This is a recipe sans butter and milk, for all you who are lactose intolerant. My ultimate aim is to bake a good cake that's sans all-purpose flour too, maybe with just oatmeal flour.


The birthday cake magic ingredients are...
Oats flour -1/2 cup (Quaker oats blitzed)
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 3/4 tsp
Organic brown eggs - 2
Sugar, powdered - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Cadbury dairy milk chocolate - 4 bars
Apple juice - 1/4 cup


In the dry bowl, mix flours, baking soda and cinnamon. In the wet bowl, beat eggs till foamy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and beat again. Add oil and combine well. Add dry ingredients into wet bowl in batches. In between add apple juice to smoothen the mixture.

Melt chocolate in a hot water bath. Mix about 5 spoons of batter with the chocolate.


Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare cake tin by brushing oil on all the insides. Add a layer of batter. Bake for a minute. Add the chocolate layer. Bake for two minutes. (All as per my daughter's instructions. Her logic was that this will help get the layer's perfectly). Spread the rest of the batter. Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes off clean.


I am having a great day. One of the firsts in many months that I woke up at 5 am and went for a solitary walk in my colony to grab some fresh air :-)


 And this is my daughters present- a birthday card.

Comments