Raspberry yogurt

Yogurt is oh so tasty. Flavoured even so. Yogurt is formed by the fermentation of milk. Lactose in milk is fermented by bacteria to produce lactic acid. This acid acts on the milk protein to give us yogurt. It is full of probiotics that help maintain and improve the gut flora. My midnight snack was raspberry yogurt.

We get milk delivered to us in 1/2 litre packets around 7:30 every morning. The milkman counts the number of coupons in the bag hung out on the gate and puts the corresponding number of packets. This tradition of milk delivery has been going on since I was a child. We then wash the packets, cut it open and boil the milk. Only after that it is used. I know this is unlike in Europe, where you get milk in cartons and it can be drunk straight from the tetra pack. 
Anyways, I made yogurt from boiled milk. When it cools down (though not completely), and it is semi-hot, pour into a glass bowl. Add a tablespoon of previously made thick yogurt and stir. Keep it covered in a warm place. I kept it overnight in the microwave (the microwave is of course turned of). By morning, I had beautiful white yogurt.

The raspberry yogurt I made is from
Raspberry, frozen - a handful
Yogurt - a bowl
Honey - 1 tsp
Mix all of it and viola, your flavoured yogurt is here. 

Comments