Blueberry clean juice

This is a clean juice with blueberry and spinach. I add a pinch of a plant-based collagen builder which is being puported as the latest in beauty care. Mine contains powders of berries and fruits (acai berry, acerola cherry, bamboo shoot, rose petals, sea buckthorn, sesbania agati..) I heard about it from my Fitbit community and thought it woudn't hurt to try. Talking about fitbit, I have been on a fitbit detox for the past few days. I notice that I endlessly check it to know my steps, my sleep..without listening (really listening) to my body. I feel more relaxed now that I don't have to reach the 10,000 step count daily and I sleep when my body says so (when I feel really drowsy). It's cool to be gadget free once in a while. I have been using the cellphone free time to read John Green's book. 

It's a witty, crazy book about a child prodigy's relationships. Colin is dumped by nineteen Katherines and he is trying to devise a mathematical theorem to undestand if and when he enters into a relationship, whether he will be eventually dumped or if he will be the dumpee. He is so struck down by Katherine XIX dumping him that his friend Hassan suggests that they go on a road trip to nowhere. This leads them to a town called Gutshot where they meet Lindsey who works at a store. Hollis, Lindsey's mom recognises Colin as the genius boy in a KranialKidz TV program and eventually invites them to stay over at her mansion. The three kids are assigned a task to interview the folk at Gutshot. I am cutting it short here or you will end up knowing the entire story..I want you to read it, it's a funny book (My first John Green and I like his writing style) and you slowly fall in love with the characters. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading it with my juice. Btw, the juice ingredient list is quite small. 

Blueberry, frozen - 1/2 cup

Spinach, fresh - 2 handfuls

Rock salt, crushed - a bit

Lemon - 1/2

Ginger - 1"

Plant-based collagen - a pinch

Water - 2 glasses

Blitz blueberry and spinach. Strain to remove the lumpy parts. Add water. Stir in juice of lemon and ginger, salt and collagen powder. It has a rich reddish purple color. A very mild drink, which you can finish in a gulp (okay, I took 2 gulps :-)).

Comments